Friday, August 14, 2009

Cooking from the Pantry II

So the last installment of Cooking from the Pantry we madea fritata. This time we are making more of what people might call a full fledged meal.

1. Corn on the cob
2. Chicken breast filets
3. Risotto

Feeling the urge to be somewhat creative this week, I decided to try making risotto. I'm not an incredibly patient person so I tried my best to keep an open mind. I'm not gonna lie, it was rough. It was starting to smell DELICIOUS about ten minutes in to it. As the rice ($4.69)was soaking up that chicken broth (99 cents), I added some broccoli, cauliflower, and chicken (all of which I had in the fridge). Thirty minutes later, smells even better. Boiling my corn on the cob, decided to add some corn to the risotto too (5/$1 at the store) which brough the ingredients cost to a whopping $2.39 (I figure 99 cent broth, 20 cents for an ear of corn, and about $1,20 for the cup of rice I used). Forty minutes later I just can't wait any longer and take a big bite...only to feel some more than al dente rice. It would be one thing if i could just let it simmer or something but no...I have to stir the entire time. Risotto and I are not friends...UNTIL...voila! It's time to eat! Fifty minutes has gone by since I first stirred the rice...well worth the wait (well, it was as I put that first bite in my mouth...when I think of it now...no comment).

Cooking from the pantry, it's great. I had grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and a chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, corn risotto for the low low price of $2.39!!! (not including my precious stirring time of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment